Tuesday, March 22, 2005

March 22 - First Post

Well, am finally inspired enough by all of the other bloggers I'm following to actually attempt to do this myself. Please excuse poor blogging etiquette - first time blogging and am sure it will be a bit before I get it right.

I'm a 47 year old female diagnosed with HCV last Autumn. Genotype 3a viral load 1.48 mill. Started Pegetron Interferon Redipen and Rivavirin treatment Feb. 4 - am in 7th week of treatment.

So far, so good. Not a ton of side effects, but certainly some. Injection night and following day always nasty. Rest of week so far tolerable and am working without difficulty. However, did have chronic cough until last week (evidently ribavirin side effect), and now am developing a lovely itchy rash. Positive attitude though! Ultimately the most important thing!

Am of the try not to put too much stuff in my body variety, so am only taking the treatment, vitamins: B complex, D, C, plus calcium and milk thistle. Have hypertension, so am on 12.5 mg hydrachlorothiazide daily. Do yoga (mostly Hatha, sometimes Bikram) 45 minutes per day minimum and walk about 1.5 hrs each day. Have a great support network of husband, two sons and a daughter-in-law, super-support sisters, generous loving parents and truly wonderful friends. Also 3 cats, a lizard (bearded dragon), and fish.

Would love to hear how any/everyone else is doing with HCV on and off treatment and, when I figure out how, will provide links to the other blog sites that have been so inspirational for me thus far in the treatment - there are some remarkably courageous people out there.
Sue

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Kay said...

Hi Sue,
Glad to see you have joined the ranks of bloggerdom after reading your comments. Thanks for the link to my blog I'll put one in from mine to yours immediately.
Wendy

3:50 AM  
Blogger MartinB said...

Hi Sue,
Welcome to the blogging world, and thanks for the link!
Martin

5:11 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Hi Sue, it's great to see you blogging. Thanks for all your supportive comments on my blog - I hope I'll be able to do the same for you.
I guess the snow isn't too bad in that it hasn't kept you from your walking. It's always very windy here which puts me off so perhaps with Spring on the way I shall be inspired by you and get my butt off the ground.
I emigrated to Canada in the late 70's (must have passed Ron on the way) and lived in Toronto for 14 years. It's a great city and I love coming back. My in-laws live in Ancaster so we visit quite often.
Bye for now
Tink

8:54 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Great to hear from you Sue. You made a helpful comment on my blog re: itchy skin right at the begining of my tx. Thanks.
Also, seen your comments on other blogs and am pleased now to be able to share in your tx experience.
I thought the comment you made on Tink`s blog a few days ago was so insightful. It really is amazing to see others coping with treatment and growing as a result.
Will be frequent visitor.

Best Wishes,
Paul.

12:24 PM  
Blogger steve said...

HI SUE WELCOME TO THE HEP C BLOGGERS, THANKS FOR THE LINK. IVE ONLY JUST STARTED BLOGGING MYSELF, I AM NOT TO SURE HOW TO ADD LINKS BUT AS SOON AS I WORK IT OUT I WILL ADD YOUR BLOG TO MY SITE. ALL THE BEST.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Punjtun said...

Hi Sue,

Its great that you started a blog.

thank you for your kind words for me in my blog. i will be reading your blog regularly.

Ijaz

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home