Wednesday, March 23, 2005

March 23 - Thank you everyone!

Thank you so much, everyone, you've all responded so positively about linking to this blogspot and about my taking on "the blog challenge". It's so terrific that you are all out there! I've figured out how to add links (no small feat), and it actually appears to be working! Am thrilled to hear that Ron and Tink are ex-Canadians, both having lived in Toronto previously and Ron having been born here! What ever possessed you guys to leave? Could it possibly have been the incredibly dismal weather?? The unchanging grey sky? The temperature that likes to hover around zero degrees celcius, for most of the year? Despite the weather, I do absolutely love this city and live right downtown. It is vibrant, busy, eclectic, multicultural and a wonderful place to live! That being said, it snowed again today, of course.

Had a very good day. Busy at work, but not too busy. Opportunity to do some interesting and cool new stuff - always good! My best friend, Barb, took me out for Indian buffet dinner after work, which was delicious! I came home to an immaculately clean house - my parents, bless them, have provided me with a cleaning service every 2 weeks during treatment. It is one of the most wonderful things I've ever received in my life. The place looks great, I don't feel like I'm constantly behind in the cleaning up, my husband and son aren't stressed that they should be doing more. It's all good. Have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to be wanting to continue with this after treatment....

Plus, my sister Nan in Montreal has sent me another package. Nan sends packages to several of us - she is the present queen. This package includes: a black scarf engraved with "it's all about me" (thank you Nan, yes, I know it is); a package of kleenex with very funky multicoloured '70's-type flowers all over them; a package of star stickers because, she has written on them, "You are a star"; a package of Fiesta serviettes, orange and adorned with cacti, sombreros and chili peppers (I will be putting them out for Easter dinner on Sunday - perfect for the occasion); and a newspaper article from the Friday, Feb.25/05 Montreal Gazette entitled "Sister didn't hesitate to offer part of liver to save brother's life", about the first live donor liver transplant in Montreal. Nan's written at the top "You need? You ask. You know...".

I might be the luckiest person in the world, to have such incredible family and friends. There isn't much that this disease, or the treatment, can do to me. There is just so much more out there that is so wonderful and special.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Colam said...

What a fabulous family you have.

Having all the house work done really does help, I have an arrangement with Ursula who lives next door, she lives on her own on a small pension but has the cleanest house I have ever seen.

Being two boys we are a bit slobby on the cleaning front - yes gay men can be as bad at cleaning as straight men. Anyway Ursula comes in everyday, lets the dogs out into the garden, cleans round and does something called dusting???? The house looks great which makes me feel happy.

All the best
Jonathan

5:13 AM  
Blogger peter said...

Sue,

If it any help, I like to think of myself as nearly Canadian, being just two hours or so from Montreal. And my wife's grandfather was from Barrie, ON.

The support I'm getting from my wife is invaluable, and I make it a point to tell her so every day.

Jonathan - what is this "dusting" of which you speak? ;)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home