Saturday, April 16, 2005

April 16 - Coffee and Scone

It's Saturday morning and, as is routine, I'm having my Starbucks coffee and blueberry with white chocolate scone. Rewards for injection #11 yesterday. Took my tylenols slightly later than with previous shots, with good result. Although headachy and experiencing some myalgia, not as severe as usual. Kept up with the tylenol every 6 hrs through the night and slept well. Am tired this morning and, as has been the course of things throughout treatment, will have a pretty quiet day today. The tylenol timing and the continuing to take it through the "rough" post-injection night was at the suggestion of Martin Bolton, who's done all of this a couple of times before. Thank you Martin, very helpful! My liver clinic was quite specific about taking tylenol (acetominophen) for this purpose. They specifically told me not to take ibuprofen, stating it is much harder on the liver.

Last week continued busy, but this is great for me. The busier I am, the less I dwell upon the treatment and its side effects. Thankfully, the sides really aren't so bad for me and I haven't had to miss any time in relation to treatment. I feel very fortunate. On Thursday eve, our youngest son Phil was singing with his school choir at Massey Hall, an older Toronto theatre with amazing acoustics - it was a wonderful night! Last night, he went over to James and Annikka's (our eldest and his wife), and they went out to an "all ages goth concert"... can hardly wait for details (which most likely won't be forthcoming)..... ah well, am sure they had fun! Ron and I got out to dinner (Indian buffet), together pre-Phil's concert on Thursday, which was really nice. Between both of us working, the kids, treatment, etc, etc, it's hard to actually get time and sit and talk together. We're going to try and get out at least once each week so that we can touch base. Last night with the kids out gothing, we had broiled rib steaks and baked potatoes, with sour cream and butter. Am loving food!!!!

Picked up my prescription repeat from the pharmacy on my walk home yesterday. Nice to see all those boxes sitting in the fridge, knowing that once they're all gone, my treatment is all finished! Have been thinking a great deal about what to do regarding my American exams and have decided, I think, that I'm going to wait and write them in 2006. It's only one more year and the thought of having to do mega-studying right now seems a little overwhelming. To look at things rationally and realistically, I must conclude that it's probably best to wait until treatment is over. Frustrating though - kind of like to get everything done yesterday! Am developing patience (perhaps another positive gain attributable to treatment?!).

What's up for the weekend? Well, my sister has suggested that we go for brunch tomorrow at major Toronto hotel, involving copious amounts of eggs benedict. Might have to force myself to go! Weather is supposed to warm up a little (we'll see), so am hoping to get out and about in the niceness of it all! Will be slathering self in sunblock pre-outside! Between Aveeno lotion and calendula cream, the rash from last weekend's sun exposure has healed up nicely. In fact, the calendula seems to have really helped with the rash in general!

Next week is my last week at our largest work site, then I'll be transferring over to our busy cancer care site and will be teaching for 2 weeks. Am looking forward to it - will be training up new employee who is young, extremely bright and highly motivated. Can't ask for better student that that! Makes teaching a pleasure.

Sue

2 Comments:

Blogger MartinB said...

Hi Sue,
Glad it helped!
Martin

3:45 PM  
Blogger Punjtun said...

Hi Sue,


Thanks for your comment. you are right after a while the fever has gone and i slept well last night.i feel ok now. later on i will post about the aduki beans. because we cook them in different way.

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home